I believe strongly in using "every part of the horse" so to speak. This (on the right) is a salvaged Sicarius alternate model I picked up with a lot. It had its claws cut off and was in pretty bad shape overall.
The new pictures show (on the left) a small initiative I'm pushing throughout this army: Apothecary-Captains. The RS fluff speaks to a zealous stewardship of the chapter's gene seed as a defense against corruption. The Red Scorpions have a unique tradition of Apothecary-Captains who lead men into battle and administer to their medical needs as well. Aside from this salvage I picked up two Heresy-era FW apothecaries which match the current army's armour mark.
To maintain consistency I may push this guy into the Deathwatch or Exorcists crew. More on that later.
The third captain will be an old servo-arm Techmarine just for random variety. He will play as a normal captain or a tech. I'm building a blitz armour force around the Scorpions so it seems fitting to have a tech lead at some point. That, and the servo-arm kinda looks like a banner/decoration.
|no idea where he got that tiny hat|
Phase 1 was the clean up and mods:
- clipped claw stumps and filed them down
- drilled into power fists and added magnets cuz I felt like it
- quick (poor) green stuff work to cover magnets
- Red Scorp FW brass added to chest and shoulder
- FW head added as well
- Salvaged eagle SM backpack
- Ultramarine symbols removed when possible, but some kept as the upside-down omega is something found in RS heraldry